Saturday, September 25, 2010

No Means a Better Yes

Recently we were asked to ponder the statement "You have to say no to the good things in order to say yes to the best things." Early in life this may have been confusing, not any more. I have learned the best things come to those who wait. This applies in all areas of life. Let's look at some obvious ones. A new car would be good, waiting a year and getting the same car with a few miles on it but saving 10,000 is better. Saying no to an impulse buy, just to find the same item half price later is also great. Material examples yes I know but they offer Spiritual principles. I promise you this fact....every time I say no to my flesh God blesses me in a way that is by far the best. I am not talking about sin; rather my way verses Gods way. I may think it's good but God knows what is Best. Saying no to many good things,i.e. ministry engagements, allows me to spend more quality time doing better things. Recently I have said no to some really GOOD food only to physically feel my BEST later !!!!!
Peace and Love
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment