Saturday, September 18, 2010

Paradox

One of my favorites....among "The last shall be first," "I have to become nothing in order for God to make me something," " To become great is to become a servant." It took a long time for this one to sink in but, once it is..... there is freedom. Keeping with the favorites, one of our A.A. slogans that comes directly from this Biblical principle is "You gotta give it away to keep it." If I am not serving others I am absolutely useless. The spiritual side of our being yearns for service work. It just takes most of us a long time to realize it. There is a simple satisfaction in servant hood that is parallel with God's nature. Our journey is to become more like Christ and the very essence of Him is a servant. There is peace in God's will therefore there is peace in servant hood.
Peace and Love
Jeff

1 comment: