Saturday, December 18, 2010

Great Expectations

Hey..... that would be a good name for a book. I have learned over the years to not place expectations on people, places or things. I have a way of putting unrealistic expectations on people and the way my perfect little world should be run. Expectations are baby resentments waiting to grow up. There is peace and serenity in a day without expectations , good things that come my way are blessings and things I don't like...well that's just life. I can even find myself putting unrealistic expectations on me. There is a place where my expectations are safe and secure, that place is in the hands of God. I can put expectations on Him because He is Faithful. He wants me to put expectations on Him because that shows my faith in Him. So my new expectations for the new year are all with God. I expect Him to do exactly what His word says He will do. I thank God for what He has done, what He is doing and what He is going to do. Those are expectations I can depend on......without fail.
Peace and Love
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment