Sunday, April 4, 2010

James 3

The book of James is one of my favorites , chapter 3 is my favorite . We studied through it this week and here are my thoughts . The power of the tongue holds life and death , how true . In Genesis God spoke everything into existence and we are created in the image of Christ . So if you believe in the Trinity as I do than we have the power to "speak " things into the lives of our loved ones . Just try it . I challenge you , and myself , to speak only encouraging things to those around you and see what happens in your week . Example ; if the only thing we heard as a teen growing up was failure , odds are we are going to fail . If I encourage my son and build him up with positive words , telling him he can instead of he never will , he will succeed . Speak Love and the Truth and you will receive Love and the Truth . Speak negative and lies and you will receive misery and frustration . Where selfish ambition lives so does confusion , chaos and death . Jesus offers life and life more abundant , that means while we are here as well . Life abundant can only live through Love . Try it I think you will like it .
Peace and Love
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment