Thursday, April 29, 2010

Anniversary

Today is the anniversary of my fathers passing. Thirty years ago today I was a fourteen year old wondering why God took my dad . I had made a deal with God out by the pool while paramedics where working on my dad . You see I was already doing things I knew where wrong and I told God if He would let my dad live I would stop . After that I spent the better part of 22 years blaming God and living as Satan's MVP . At 36 I overdosed on alcohol and pain meds , again , and finally got help . Today at 44 I am still sober , at work trying my best to live for God and His glory . Many of you may feel I am crazy . You may already , but I feel like I have communicated with my dad all my life ? This day has passed many years and I have not even thought about it . Today is different , I called my sister to see about Tabs drums and simply asked isn't it close to the anniversary of dads death . You see I have had a mental block of these days all my life . He died on the 29th and his birthday was the 25th . He was 47 .At 44 I now see how young he really was . Today he told me how proud he is of me .As my Heavenly Father holds him in his hands . I pray he has peace . I love you dad . I forgive you . I pray you forgive me . See ya soon .
Peace and Love
Your son .

1 comment:

  1. Looking back on that day and facing your loss with the clarity and maturity of a man instead of the confusion of a 14 year old boy is a milestone in a lifelong journey. Your dad would be proud and I have no doubt your Heavenly Father is saying, "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased." Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete