Saturday, February 18, 2012

Heart Break

The sad truth is less than 5 % of people in Substance Abuse Treatment programs stay clean and sober without quality aftercare.....This is what breaks my heart and that is why I do what I do..........To see someone get it...to see the "lights come on" and then they relapse is tragic and sad..In my years of sobriety I have seen countless people start a relationship with God, on fire for recovery only to go right back to their misery. It does not have to end that way..JesusCrawl Ministries is dedicated to stopping this cycle in Abilene first and then ....who knows, possibly the world. We need to stop judging and looking down on the disease of addiction and start loving people right where they are at, good bad or indifferent..We need to.help them connect their recovery assets with a quality life of sobriety..
Peace and Love
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment