Saturday, January 15, 2011

Time Wise

For the first time in my adult life I am not punching a time card. Even though my 25 year career was not an hourly job, I was paid on commission, we still were required to be "clocked in." Aside from church hours and face to face classes I have 100 % control of my schedule. It may sound a bit trivial to some of you but I feel a freedom and Peace I have never known. I feel blessed way...way...way beyond what I deserve. With that blessing comes responsibility. "He who has been given much,much is required." I have built a schedule that allows "Margins" and freedom to do more for His people. I have plenty of time set aside for family,ministry and school work. Last semester I even managed to play golf at least once a week. I am learning that "my time" or time set aside for what I want to do is very important. If I am not enjoying myself...it is hard to be positive when helping others.Most important....every weekday morning I get to watch my morning ministry shows and spend my quiet time with God. I have made it a priority to come up with something everyday that I could speak into someones life if the situation arises. Being prepared to minister out of my overflow is one of the most important lessons I have learned from my current pastor. Today life is peaceful and productive,loving God, loving people, living one day at a time.
Peace and Love
Jeff

1 comment: