Saturday, August 28, 2010

JOY Matthew 25:21

What brings me joy? I have a favorite little speech I give to people who say they aren't happy. I explain to them happiness depends on things to happen-happen is the root of the word happy. If I am depending on things to make me "happy" I am missing the boat. True happiness is known as joy, and joy only comes from the Lord. Matthew 25:21 clearly states " you have been faithful over a few now I WILL MAKE YOU ruler over many, enter into the joy of the Lord." THE ONLY part I play is being faithful and obedient, He provides everything else. Having said all that back to the question " what brings me joy?" Seeing my wife worship from the sound booth on Sunday morning brings me joy. The love and relationships of my family and friends brings me joy. Seeing my daughter being a good mommy brings me joy. Holding my grand son, Seeing those in recovery doing well, Being part of something at church bigger than all of us, all these things bring me joy. It is not coincidence that all of this came after I was faithful with a few things and God blessed me with all of these things..........and the best is yet to come. Thank you Jesus for my Joy.
Peace and Love
Jeff

1 comment: